Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why I Write


Does an artist really know why he paints? 
Throughout the years I would mindlessly pick up a pen and write down every significant thought that came to mind. I believed that if I didn't write it down it simply couldn't be real; that it was just a minor thought that would be forgotten or not mean a thing to me in a minute. There was no life saving reason for this, I rather found it quite therapeutic. I never questioned this motive until I stumbled upon George Orwell's Why I Write. Hmm..this could be interesting why do I write? In Orwell's eyes, he wrote because he felt as if it was his calling or fate if you may. He wrote because he thought he would disrupt nature's course if he chose another path. He spoke of other reasons for why people write-mine being
AESTHETIC ENTHUSIASM: The perception of beauty in the external world, the desire to share these visions and experiences with others 
I write in attempt to temporarily lend others my eyes; see the beauty I see ,feel and live everyday.It is quiet liberating...BUY A JOURNAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment